Valence Surface Technologies Garden Grove, CALIFORNIA operations received an extensive list of over 4,500 approvals for paint and bond primer for multiple defense and space satellite platform applications.
GARDEN GROVE, CA; October 18, 2022 – Valence Surface Technologies LLC (“Valence”) is pleased to announce our Garden Grove, CALIFORNIA (formerly known as Coastline Metal Finishing) gained six new paint approvals from Raytheon Technologies (NYSE:RTX) as well as new coating approval from Boeing Satellite (NYSE: BOE).
Valence – Garden Grove provides a wide range of metal finishing services to the aerospace and defense industries. This Valence location is renowned for expertise in precision application of specialized coatings for the demanding requirements of defense electronics and space-grade applications.
Valence has a total of four facilities in the greater Los Angeles area, encompassing over 325,000 sq. ft. of processing space. All facilities are Nadcap and AS9100 certified and provide a full range of product finishing services including NDT, anodizing, shot peen, plating, painting, bond primer application and more.
When asked about the OEM approval process, VST Garden Grove General Manager, Juan Cadenas commented, “We remain a committed partner to Raytheon and Boeing Space as well as their entire supply chain. These approvals enable us to expand our focus on defense and space-qualified electronics and the latest generation of radar systems, as a special coating partner.”
The recent paint approvals will help support the following programs:
- AN/TPY-2 Radar — a Raytheon missile defense radar that can detect, track, and discriminate ballistic missiles for the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense
(THAAD) missile system.
- Lower Tier Air and Missile Defense Sensor, (LTAMDS) — a Raytheon military radar designated to defeat advanced and next-generation threats including hypersonic weapons.
- Raytheon Intelligence & Space’s Next Generation Jammer , which is an advanced electronic attack system that denies, disrupts, and degrades enemy communication tools and air-defense systems.
- The Boeing 702X family of software defined satellites for Middle Earth Orbit (MEO), including the O3b m POWER range designed and manufactured for SES Telecommunications a European provider of global video and data services.
- The Boeing SES-15 geosynchronous (GEO) satellite designed for a 15-year life and to multi-phenomenon transmission for Wi-Fi and in-flight entertainment for commercial and business aviation receivers.
Raytheon Paint Approvals:
- HP4-143 TYPE I, Class 3, Type III, Class 6
- G781772 Grade 1,2,3,4
- MIS-20007 Grade 1, Grade 3
- RPR 17003, 17004
Boeing Paint Approvals:
- Boeing Satellite: BR 127 Bond Primer approval for aluminum
Valence Surface Technologies is the world’s largest independent provider of Aerospace product finishing services. With 12 locations and over 4,500 unique industry approvals, Valence processes more than one million parts per month. In addition to being Nadcap accredited, all Valence sites provide specialized metal processing and finishing services to a diversified set of fast-growing commercial aerospace, defense, and space/satellite markets. Valence partners with its customers to deliver best-in-class quality, turn times, and full-service supply chain solutions.
Julie Sims – Director of Marketing and Communications, Valence Surface Technologies