Valence Los Angeles
7721 Jefferson Street
Paramount, CA 90723
Valence Los Angeles - Paramount Facility
Since our inception, Coast Plating, now Valence Los Angeles, has been involved in virtually every major aerospace and defense program and have expanded our business to support international customers such as Airbus, Bombardier and global programs including the F-35 and major space programs including the ULA’s SLS program and more. Founded in 1965, we are one of the oldest and most venerable aerospace finishing companies in North America.
Aerospace Metal Finishing Services
Valence Los Angeles possesses a state-of-the-art processing and finishing capability, the result of continuous investment in new production technologies, quality optimization programs and continuing education. We specialize in a variety of services including:
Contact us today for an estimate on any of our available services.
About Valence Los Angeles
We have established ourselves as a leading aerospace finishing company due to our extensive approval base, comprehensive service offering, and capability to finish parts up to 30 feet in length. Valence Los Angeles proudly serves the commercial aerospace, business aviation, defense and space industries out of its 100,000 square foot facilities. We maintain three process lines and recently completed a major renovation and have added large part titanium processing including sol gel, titanium etch (pickle), and abrasive blast capability for parts up to 27 feet in length.
Parts Per Year
Painting / Coatings
Fuel Tank Coating
Chemical Processing Aluminum
Anodize – Tartaric Sulfuric
Anodize – Type I Chromic
Anodize – Type II Sulfuric
Anodize – Type III Hard Coat
Chemical Film – Type 1 (Alodine 1200S)
Chemical Film – Type 1 (Alodine 1500)
Chemical Processing Hard Metals
Passivation Type VI
Titanium Etch (Pickle)
Valence Los Angeles News
Within the dynamic realm of aerospace engineering, where precision, durability, and optimal performance are paramount, the ceaseless pursuit of innovation remains a guiding force. Amidst the array of transformative technologies that have revolutionized the industry,...
Gold plating serves as a renowned metal finishing strategy that incorporates a delicate gold layer onto a metal object's surface. This gold veneer delivers an array of advantages such as augmented corrosion resistance, superior electrical conductivity, enhanced heat...
Navigating the aerospace industry and identifying premier aerospace companies in proximity to your operations is paramount. Whether your focus lies in commercial aerospace, defense, space, or the satellite sector, forging a partnership with a seasoned and trustworthy...
The use of titanium has continued to gain more traction in various industries around the world, all thanks to its excellent corrosion resistance and relatively high strength-to-density ratio. Having been embraced by aerospace industries for the development of...
- Extensive Aerospace Experience: Valence Los Angeles, formerly Coast Plating, has a rich aerospace history dating back to 1965, actively participating in major aerospace and defense programs with international collaborations, including projects like the F-35 and ULA’s SLS program, showcasing their extensive industry experience.
- Comprehensive Finishing Services: Valence Los Angeles offers an array of aerospace finishing services, encompassing nondestructive testing, anodizing, chemical processing, painting, spray coating, and lubrication, demonstrating its dedication to delivering top-notch finishes tailored to diverse aerospace needs.
- Advanced Processing Capabilities: Valence Los Angeles can process aerospace components up to 30 feet in length and has expanded its capabilities to handle large titanium parts, including sol-gel, titanium etch, and abrasive blast treatments.
In the realm of aerospace finishing companies in Los Angeles, CA, Valence Surface Tech stands as a beacon of excellence. Specializing in providing full-service finishing solutions for the commercial aerospace, defense, space, and satellite industries, Valence Surface Tech has earned a distinguished reputation for its technical prowess and commitment to quality. This article delves into the world of aerospace finishing, exploring the services offered by Valence, the types of aerospace finishing companies in Los Angeles, CA, the necessary certifications, a list of industry players, and how to choose the best company for your needs.
What Are Aerospace Finishing Companies
Aerospace finishing companies in Los Angeles, CA are specialized entities that provide critical services to enhance the quality, durability, and performance of aerospace components. These companies employ various processes, such as plating, anodizing, coating, and more, to protect and improve the surfaces of aerospace parts, ensuring they meet stringent industry standards.
Elevate Your Aerospace Finishing With Valence!
Unlock the future of aerospace surface solutions with Valence, the world’s largest independent aerospace product finishing company.
Experience the Valence difference today. Contact us to learn more about our finishing techniques.
Importance Of Aerospace Finishing Companies
Los Angeles has long been a hub for aerospace manufacturing and innovation, with major aerospace giants like Boeing, Northrop Grumman, and SpaceX headquartered or having a significant presence in the area. Aerospace finishing companies provide critical services in surface treatment and coatings, ensuring that aerospace components are not only aesthetically appealing but also durable and corrosion-resistant. This is vital for the safety and performance of aerospace equipment, especially given the harsh conditions they endure in flight.
How Do Aerospace Finishing Companies Work?
Aerospace finishing companies in Los Angeles, CA employ a multi-step process that typically includes:
- Surface Preparation: This involves cleaning and preparing the aerospace component’s surface to remove impurities, contaminants, and oxides.
- Finishing Techniques: Companies employ techniques such as plating, anodizing, coating, or thermal spraying to protect or enhance the component’s surface.
- Quality Control: Rigorous quality control measures are implemented to inspect and verify the integrity of finished components.
Benefits Of Aerospace Finishing Companies
Choosing aerospace finishing companies in Los Angeles, CA offers several advantages.
Aerospace finishing enhances the corrosion resistance of components, crucial for extended operational life.
Surface treatments can enhance the performance of components, improving efficiency and reliability.
By extending the lifespan of components and reducing maintenance needs, finishing services may save costs in the long run.
Services Offered By Valence In Los Angeles, CA
Valence Surface Tech offers a comprehensive range of services tailored to meet the exacting standards of the aerospace and defense sectors.
Plating And Anodizing
Plating involves the deposition of a layer of metal onto a component’s surface, offering enhanced protection against corrosion and wear. This process is vital for aerospace parts exposed to harsh environmental conditions. Anodizing, on the other hand, is an electrochemical process that creates a protective oxide layer on aluminum components. This oxide layer not only provides superior corrosion resistance but can also be customized for improved paint adhesion or aesthetic finishes.
Chemical processing plays a pivotal role in aerospace finishing by preparing surfaces for subsequent treatments. This involves a series of chemical baths and treatments that remove impurities, contaminants, and oxides from the component’s surface. The result is a clean and chemically primed surface ready for plating, anodizing, or coating.
Painting And Coating
Valence excels in precision painting and coating applications, safeguarding components from environmental stressors and ensuring longevity. This involves the precise application of coatings or paints designed to protect against corrosion, abrasion, and environmental factors. Coatings can range from thermal barriers to anti-corrosion solutions, each tailored to meet the unique demands of aerospace applications.
We employ cutting-edge non-destructive testing methods to validate the integrity of critical aerospace parts. NDT techniques encompass a variety of methods such as ultrasonic testing, radiographic inspection, and magnetic particle testing. These methods allow for the detection of defects, flaws, or irregularities in aerospace components without compromising their structural integrity.
Valence’s thermal spray solutions provide enhanced wear resistance and thermal protection for aerospace components. This technique results in coatings that provide exceptional wear resistance, thermal insulation, and corrosion protection.
Types Of Aerospace Finishing Companies
In Los Angeles, CA, you’ll find diverse aerospace finishing companies, each specializing in specific areas.
- Specialty Coating Providers: Companies focusing on specialized coatings for aerospace applications, such as thermal barriers and anti-corrosion coatings.
- Plating And Anodizing Experts: Specialized in various plating and anodizing techniques, ensuring top-tier protection for aerospace components.
- Full-Service Finishers: Comprehensive service providers like Valence Surface Tech, offer a wide range of finishing solutions under one roof.
Certifications Needed In Aerospace Finishing Companies
Aerospace finishing demands strict adherence to industry standards and certifications. Some crucial certifications include:
- AS9100: This quality management system certification is essential for aerospace companies, signifying compliance with rigorous aerospace industry standards.1
- NADCAP: Aerospace finishing companies must often obtain NADCAP accreditation for specific processes like non-destructive testing or chemical processing.2
- ISO 9001: A globally recognized certification that ensures consistent quality in aerospace finishing operations.
Aerospace Finishing Companies In Los Angeles, CA
When seeking aerospace finishing solutions in Los Angeles, CA, consider these reputable companies:
Valence Surface Tech
Valence Surface Tech is a premier aerospace finishing company known for its comprehensive range of services. It excels in plating, anodizing, chemical processing, painting, coating, non-destructive testing, and thermal spray applications. With a strong focus on technical excellence, Valence Surface Tech is a top choice for those seeking full-service finishing solutions in aerospace.
AeroCoat Aerospace Finishing
AeroCoat Aerospace Finishing specializes in precision coating and painting services for aerospace applications. It is recognized for its meticulous attention to detail and commitment to delivering top-tier finishes that meet the demanding standards of the aerospace industry. AeroCoat is a trusted partner for those requiring specialized coating solutions.
LA Metal Finishers
LA Metal Finishers is a reputable aerospace finishing company with expertise in plating and anodizing processes. It is dedicated to providing corrosion-resistant and durable finishes for aerospace components. LA Metal Finishers’ focus on these specific finishing techniques makes it a valuable choice for those seeking excellence in plating and anodizing service.
Choosing The Best Aerospace Finishing Company
Selecting the ideal aerospace finishing partner is crucial. Follow these steps to make an informed decision:
- Assess Your Needs: Carefully evaluate the specific requirements of your aerospace components, considering factors like the type of finishing, material compatibility, and the environmental conditions the parts will face.
- Quality Control: Quality control is a critical aspect to consider when choosing an aerospace finishing company. Inquire about the company’s quality control processes, inspection methodologies, and adherence to strict quality standards.3
- Experience: Experience matters significantly in the aerospace finishing industry. Consider the company’s track record, projects completed, and years of operation within the aerospace sector. An experienced finishing company brings valuable knowledge and expertise to the table, reducing the likelihood of errors and ensuring that your aerospace components receive the highest level of finishing excellence.
Seeking a finish that’s out of this world? Valence Surface Tech got you covered. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you achieve the perfect surface finish you desire!
Alternatives To Aerospace Finishing Companies
Alternatives to aerospace finishing companies in Los Angeles, CA include:
Opting for in-house finishing involves developing and maintaining specialized finishing capabilities within your own aerospace organization. While it provides control and customization, it can be resource-intensive and may require significant investments in equipment and expertise.
Outsourcing To Other Locations
Outsourcing to other locations entails partnering with external aerospace finishing providers, potentially outside Los Angeles, CA. This offers flexibility and access to specialized services, but lead times and logistics should be considered.
Instead of extensive finishing, component replacement may be an alternative, especially for components that have reached the end of their lifespan. This decision balances costs and performance improvements with the need for new, reliable parts.
Aerospace finishing is undeniably crucial for ensuring the longevity, safety, and performance of critical components in the aviation, defense, and space industries. As you explore the world of aerospace finishing companies in Los Angeles, CA, consider the expertise and comprehensive solutions offered by Valence Surface Technologies.
- Los Angeles Aerospace Companies
- Blue Origin: History, Achievements, And Future
- SpaceX: History, Achievements, And Future
Frequently Asked Questions
Can aerospace finishing be customized for specific applications?
Yes, aerospace finishing can be tailored to meet the unique requirements of different aerospace applications, from commercial aviation to defense and space.
What industries benefit from aerospace finishing services?
Industries benefiting from aerospace finishing services include aviation, defense, space exploration, and satellite manufacturing.
What are the environmental considerations in aerospace finishing?
Certain finishing processes may involve the use of chemicals, necessitating proper disposal and adherence to environmental regulations.
Can aerospace finishing improve fuel efficiency?
Yes, optimized finishes can improve aerodynamics and reduce drag, contributing to increased fuel efficiency in aerospace systems.
What materials are typically used in aerospace finishing?
Aerospace finishing companies often work with materials like aluminum, titanium, steel, and various alloys commonly used in aerospace applications.
Can aerospace finishing companies provide anti-icing coatings?
Yes, aerospace finishing companies can provide anti-icing coatings that help prevent ice buildup on aircraft surfaces. These coatings typically have special properties to minimize ice adhesion and aid in its removal during flight.
What are some common challenges in aerospace finishing?
Challenges may include maintaining consistent quality, addressing material compatibility issues, and complying with evolving industry regulations.
Do aerospace finishing companies work with small and large aerospace companies alike?
Yes, aerospace finishing companies cater to the needs of both small and large aerospace manufacturers and organizations.
How do aerospace finishing processes vary for military and civilian aircraft?
While the fundamentals are similar, military aircraft often require specialized finishes for stealth, camouflage, or specific operational conditions.
Can aerospace finishing companies handle rush orders or urgent projects?
Many aerospace finishing companies offer expedited services to accommodate rush orders or urgent aerospace projects.
- What is AS9100? Easy-to-understand explanation. (n.d.). Advisera.com. https://advisera.com/9100academy/what-is-as9100/
- All You Need To Know About Nadcap Certified for Chemical Processing. (n.d.). New Method Plating Company, Inc. https://www.newmethodplating.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-nadcap-certified-for-chemical-processing/
- Aerospace Quality Standards. (2021, January 20). Quality Systems Enhancement. https://enhancequality.com/standards/aerospace-quality-standards/